Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Day 9... "Tomatoes in Pewter"


Well the kids are back in school, so I was able to get this painting done from start to finish, no interruptions. When my husband saw the painting for the first time, he asked me if the bowl was pewter.... I said yes, and he told me that people once thought tomatoes were poisonous, when in fact, it was the pewter dishes they were placed upon. The acid in the tomato would release the lead from the metal and cause lead poisoning. Yikes! Maybe I should just title this painting "toxic". Oh well, that's art for you. You can paint things that may not work together in real life, but they take on a whole new meaning on the canvas. I love the softness of pewter and the tomatoes were just so pretty with it. Fun painting to do... Enjoy

PS, the painting is 16x20 " and it was done with acrylic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Shan, this one is awesome! My new favorite I think...until tomorrow....
Love you,
-S